Hong Kong 10/10/2017
What is Lazure Painting?
This painting method originated in Europe over 100 years ago and is still a very revolutionary painting concept mainly suitable for many interior architectural
settings but also exteriors. In Asia and specifically in China, with its population of 1.3 billion, and Hong Kong population 7+ million, it is nearly completely unknown in professional design. With my move to Hong Kong 2008 to establish residence and work
in Asia, I am making forward steps at introducing the art of lazure in a professional capacity with over two decades previous experience acheived in Europe and USA.
The initial concept of lazure painting was first presented by European born Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925) who envisioned lazure as one of many new cultural impulses for making our built environments
more life enriching and for the healing of contemporary society from the sclerotic decay of materialism.
here are just 7 of lazure's main principles in my working:
1. can be applied to any building surface, be it concrete, plaster, plastic, metal or wood...any with suitably prepared surfaces
2. is painterly applied in multiple layers as transparent wash-glazes
with drying time between
3. each applied colour tone has little or zero opaqueness...each tone is made as pure as possible
4. these applied colours, being transparent, contribute a qualitative luminosity and radiance unlike any other method
5. the resulting
effect is one that uniquely expresses a beautiful colour mood that supports the spatial usage. Any range of effects can be acheived from soft calming and soothing to dynamic envigorating.
6. virtually unlimited artistic possibilities can be achieved
far surpassing wallpapering. (See also pages for wall picturing: large, medium to small scale)
7. and on demand, I can utilize an imported to Hong Kong a 100% professional grade, all natural paint medium from Europe. This will be of importance for all
of you who want more healthy product-use for in living for work, leisure or play....this medium is free of any harsh, alergy producing chemicals. Its a product of 'soft chemistry'.
During my 27 years of working I have
completed commissions in nearly all possible venues: private residential homes, many cultural institutions such as schools and community centers, commercial venues and corporate/large and small business industrial spaces.
Lazure painting stands at the absolute cutting edge of contemporary colour design.
Consultation and price quoting has been and is
always free of charge.
(please see the additional page, there are two pages of images for lazure painting)
thank you for your visit! ...John Stolfo
phone in Hong Kong +852 6563 2492 same for Whatsupp